Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Has Been Working On DRM Color Management Support

Phoronix: Intel Has Been Working On DRM Color Management Support

Shashank Sharma of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center recently published a set of twenty-three patches for implementing color management support within the DRM driver layer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can already do color management under X.Org.

Is this DRM color management support to enable color management for Wayland?

Comment

looking forword to it

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I can already do color management under X.Org.

Is this DRM color management support to enable color management for Wayland?
        What I'm hoping is that this will fix the problem with color management not applying universally because X.org color corrections don't always apply to direct-rendered things like video overlays. (Which really reduces the usefulness of tools like Redshift or F.lux)

(Now, admittedly, it won't help me directly, since I avoid Intel chips to nip the risk of Management Engine exploits in the bud, but it could provide the starting point for something that eventually gets supported by the nVidia binary drivers I use.)

Comment

Working...
        X