Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 3.0 Nearing Reality With Port To Qt5/KF5

Phoronix: Krita 3.0 Nearing Reality With Port To Qt5/KF5

Boudewijn Rempt has written a blog post today announcing that the Krita team is "done porting!" and "technically" finished with bringing the Krita drawing program to Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

wow, that's actually a good looking Qt application, that's almost a first for me...
    I really like Qt from a coding perspective but my biggest issue with it is that it rarely looks good. To big margins and some other weird stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
      wow, that's actually a good looking Qt application, that's almost a first for me...
      I really like Qt from a coding perspective but my biggest issue with it is that it rarely looks good. To big margins and some other weird stuff.
      The funny part with this statement is that I had the exact opposite reason for not liking the way KDE looked before KF5: Too SMALL margins among other things. Everything looked so cramped and tiny (especially the window buttons wtf).

I especially like that Krita somehow managed to (what looks like) put the menu in the title bar if it wasn't on Gnome. I'd like to see it on Plasma 5 with the "enforce no CSD" option turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        Qt has nothing to do with looks. Since years Canonical does Qt applications that follow Gnome's HIG. I don't think anybody even noticed?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

Qt has nothing to do with looks. Since years Canonical does Qt applications that follow Gnome's HIG. I don't think anybody even noticed…
          It was right after they decided to go with Qt for Ubuntu One right?

Comment

Does someone knows what happened to the hybrid widget scheme (can't remember its name) that was proposed for inclusion into kde some time ago? That was a good idea, allowing applications to embedded widgets (like tabs, or sound controls...) in the title bar, or in the notification area, while gracefully going back to a more classic control scheme if not available on the system, and ultimately leaving the widget appearance up to the compositor if running in a SSD environment.

Comment

Krita Developers have really taken Krita to the next level, I can't wait to upgrade when its ready

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                Does someone knows what happened to the hybrid widget scheme (can't remember its name) that was proposed for inclusion into kde some time ago? That was a good idea, allowing applications to embedded widgets (like tabs, or sound controls...) in the title bar, or in the notification area, while gracefully going back to a more classic control scheme if not available on the system, and ultimately leaving the widget appearance up to the compositor if running in a SSD environment.
                AFAIK they are still work in progress (slowly).

Comment

Working...
                X