Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Flashback 3.18 Released, Remains Unofficial Project

Phoronix: GNOME Flashback 3.18 Released, Remains Unofficial Project

Released one day after the big GNOME 3.18 release is now the GNOME Flashback update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

any distribution that ships gnome-flashback ? i tried gnome-flashback a while back and liked it. it brings gnome 3's modern polish with snappy-ness that of mate/gnome 2. I would prefer this over mate-gtk3

Comment

Originally posted by sarfarazahmad View Post
      any distribution that ships gnome-flashback ?
      It's packaged in Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by sarfarazahmad View Post
        any distribution that ships gnome-flashback ? i tried gnome-flashback a while back and liked it. it brings gnome 3's modern polish with snappy-ness that of mate/gnome 2. I would prefer this over mate-gtk3

You have it in a lot of distros: debian and ubuntu both have it.

Comment

my bad .what i meant was that it has not hit mainstream yet. Like we have distro variants lubuntu with LxDe, Kde with Kubuntu and XFCE with Xubuntu. I dont see any distro that ships with a default gnome-flashback. Then again this version of gnome-flashback adds a lot of "required" functionality. Power Manager applet, bluetooth applet etc. Maybe in a while we might see something come up

Comment

Trisquel ships with GNOME Flashback by default.

Comment

Working...
            X