Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 15.10 Just Hit Its Final Beta

Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.10 Just Hit Its Final Beta

Ubuntu 15.10 final beta is now available along with this being a second beta release for the opt-in flavors participating in the earlier development milestones...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like LLVM 3.7 i386 will not make the cut. Bye bye OpenGL4.1 in the next 7 months for radeonsi users.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Looks like LLVM 3.7 i386 will not make the cut. Bye bye OpenGL4.1 in the next 7 months for radeonsi users.
      I really hope that someone will rescue us with a PPA...

Comment

Originally posted by sabun View Post

I really hope that someone will rescue us with a PPA...

I would image that the Xorg Edgers PPA will have it sooner or later

Comment

Hard to care about another filler release.

Comment

Originally posted by Iksf View Post
            That's what I thought, but after playing with it I can say it's a more interesting release than usual. Sure, no llvm 3.7 and especially no unity 8, but it has linux 4.2, gcc 5, much improved lxc integration and persistent network interface names - but apparently the latter is only enabled when installing from scratch. All things considered, it actually makes a beefy upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Iksf View Post
              Hard to care after discovering Fedora

LLVM 3.7, XOrg 1.18, and kernel 4.2 are already in F23 beta, and GCC 5.1 and kernel 4.1 are already in F22.

Comment

Much bigger stuff happening in Kubuntu 15.10 with the move to Plasma 5 and qt5 ports.

Comment

I remember when Ubuntu release actually had new stuff. That is, stuff that was actually done by Canonical, not just package bumps from upstream.

This is weak, but at least they've got amazing phones to show for their efforts and make up for the fact that the desktop hasn't had any new features for a couple of releases now. Oh wait, that's right, they haven't.

On an unrelated note, Jolla are releasing new stuff at the minute.

Comment

Nice, an unapproved post, I'm not typing that out again. I was just taking a swipe at Canonical.

Comment

Working...
                    X