Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston 1.10 Is Off To The Races With New Feature Work

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston 1.10 Is Off To The Races With New Feature Work

With Wayland/Weston 1.9 having been released earlier this week, Wayland 1.10 is now under development and already there's been a lot of new code piling into the Weston compositor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Two days ago I wrote about patches being published for systemd notification support with the Weston compositor and already that initial code has landed. The systemd notification status and watchdog support isn't enabled by default but requires the --enable-systemd-notify compile-time switch and adding the new module to the Weston INI configuration file. "

there is no notification support in wayland ? or just systemd doesn't support it ?

does wayland have the equivalent of iconified programs ?

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
      "Two days ago I wrote about patches being published for systemd notification support with the Weston compositor and already that initial code has landed. The systemd notification status and watchdog support isn't enabled by default but requires the --enable-systemd-notify compile-time switch and adding the new module to the Weston INI configuration file. "

there is no notification support in wayland ? or just systemd doesn't support it ?

does wayland have the equivalent of iconified programs ?
      This isn't about desktop notifications, but about the possibility for Weston to notify systemd that it's finished starting and ready to accept clients (if you run Weston as a Type=notify systemd service).

Comment

News about the stabilization and feature completeness of xdg-shell is what i want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          News about the stabilization and feature completeness of xdg-shell is what i want to hear.

That and libweston.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post

That and libweston.

Add pointer locking to the list!

Comment

Originally posted by aecuShai View Post

This isn't about desktop notifications, but about the possibility for Weston to notify systemd that it's finished starting and ready to accept clients (if you run Weston as a Type=notify systemd service).
              ah, thx

so it's that systemd watchdog thing that is easy for any program to do itself in less lines of code

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post

ah, thx

so it's that systemd watchdog thing that is easy for any program to do itself in less lines of code
                In the same way that I ripped out my graphical update manager and wrote one myself using Zenity and half a dozen lines of shell script.

(As the old statistic goes, 80% of users only use 20% of the features, but nobody uses the same 20%. In my case, I could have used more, but I insisted on the "suppress daily 'please restart to update your kernel' nags" feature they decided to remove.)
                Last edited by ssokolow; 26 September 2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I know its been asked many times in the past, and I could probably do a search of the forums for my answer, but..
                  Is there a distro or live image that I can download that showcases the latest wayland and weston code, in a nightly release or otherwise a somewhat frequently updated release?

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
                    I know its been asked many times in the past, and I could probably do a search of the forums for my answer, but..
                    Is there a distro or live image that I can download that showcases the latest wayland and weston code, in a nightly release or otherwise a somewhat frequently updated release?

not nightly, but releases are frequent http://sourceforge.net/projects/rebe...?source=navbar

Comment

Working...
                    X