Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir 0.16 Brings Smoother/Higher Frame Rates

Phoronix: Mir 0.16 Brings Smoother/Higher Frame Rates

Mir 0.16 was quietly released a few days back as the newest upstream release of this display server for Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, can you run Mir vs Xserver with dota2? I believe I remember see'ing dota2 benchmarked on Mir in the past by someone else, since it is a SDL2 game.

Comment

Since they already said that it feels smooth, then this will be slick right? Oily? Soapy?

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
        Since they already said that it feels smooth, then this will be slick right? Oily? Soapy?
        Like KY jelly baby. Ooooooooh Yeahhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          Like KY jelly baby. Ooooooooh Yeahhhhhhhhh.
          I don't know what the Kool-Aid man has to do with this but I want no part of it!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Mir 0.16 Brings Smoother/Higher Frame Rates

Mir 0.16 was quietly released a few days back as the newest upstream release of this display server for Ubuntu Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....16.0-Released
            For the shortest buffer waits it seems like they should just use Present...

Comment

imagine if all the effort spent on Mir had been put into Wayland :-(

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
                imagine if all the effort spent on Mir had been put into Wayland :-(
                It is like saying "Imagine if all the effort spent on KDE had been put into Gnome" or something like that...
                Several options is a good thing and neither is actually working properly yet, both far from being default. Besides, there is no real benefit for the user, performance claims are just marketing bullshit. It is just a way for developers to drop lots of X11 legacy stuff. It should've been X12 instead of Mir/Wayland.

Comment

Working...
                X