Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Releases OS X 10.11 El Capitan; Want To See Some Linux Benchmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Releases OS X 10.11 El Capitan; Want To See Some Linux Benchmarks?

Phoronix: Apple Releases OS X 10.11 El Capitan; Want To See Some Linux Benchmarks?

Apple released OS X 10.11 "El Capitan" today as a free update for Apple computer owners. Are you interested in some fresh OS X vs. Linux benchmarks?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Benchmarks, please!

Comment

Yes, bring it!

Comment

I really need to try out that desktop-flavored Metal API.

Comment

Yeah! I'm sure Metal will kick openGL's ass =), bring Vulkan and it could be a fair fight.

Comment

Yeah I'd love to see a benchmark, not really interested in the graphics part but general system performance. Let's see if Apple caught up to Linux a bit.

Comment

I'm interrested too : )

Comment

Apple? I like to call them Crapple. In all fairness they do some parts of their product and design very well, however their AppleKnowsBest? attitude in software is a cataclysmic instant turn off. It's funny that my $40 Android phone has withstood countless drops of 4-5ft and acquaintances $600 Apple Phone have shattered after 1 drop.

Now that I've been windows free for nearly 2 years and after configuring many OSX systems for clients though I can certainly see the draw for novice users & intuitive personalities. I would sooner choose it over Windows, I just think it's silly that the masses unintelligently attribute perceived value to their ludicrous prices.
                /rant

Comment

Don't you have some existing results of Windows on that hardware you can reuse? That was the whole point of sticking to a single version of each benchmark after all.

Comment

Some benchmarks please!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                    X