The Rest Of The Year Should Be Super Exciting For Linux Enthusiasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rest Of The Year Should Be Super Exciting For Linux Enthusiasts

Phoronix: The Rest Of The Year Should Be Super Exciting For Linux Enthusiasts

While last quarter was exciting for Linux users as was all of the open-source activity last month, this final quarter of 2015 is looking to be even more exciting for Linux enthusiasts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Don't forget the supercar, PHP 7, this November

Comment

Also we'll will probably get the first real AAA racing games in GRID Autosport and/or Project CARS.

Comment

You forgot one of the most exciting things. That is the release of the HTC Vive, which will hopefully have Linux support. Here is a really nice video of the Portal demo: Link

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          maybe arma3 linux benchmarks on phoronix ?
          Still having troubles getting it working right.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The Steam Machines launch with the simultaneous release of HL3, Portal 3, L4D3, and other Valve titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if some of those don't happen, I really hope the launch will be huge with much fanfare!

Comment

Node.js 4 Long-Term Support is a very good new (but i get that you're more into the kernel stack than into high-level languages) - all will be overshadowed by kioquake3, a kernel implementation of the famouse game engine !

Comment

I don't have that much enthusiasm for Linux at all. I only have AMD Kaveri APU and that's it. If AMD would release Carrizo APU for the desktop, then I would certainly have enthusiasm for that.

Then what else should I be enthusiastic for my Linux desktop? What does Linux 4.3 and 4.4 bring me for a Kaveri APU? What about getting OpenCL to work with Blender's Cycles engine?

Comment

Well to me, all depend how evolve everything, I like the idea of Vulkan but a games being development with vulkan doesn't exist yet (until I know), so this mean will be like on mid of 2016 or later of 2016.
                  About VR I still not tested, even I m pragmatic about VR, time will tell, but the steam controller is something I will buy it.

Comment

Do someone has info about when other Skylake CPUs would be available?

Comment

Working...
                    X