Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Steam Controller Pre-Orders Started Shipping

Phoronix: Some Steam Controller Pre-Orders Started Shipping

While Valve's Steam Controller isn't expected to formally launch until 10 November, at least some of those who pre-ordered this gaming controller early are now reportedly set to receive their device any day now...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In my experience, with mass transports like these there can be some time between getting the tracking code and actual shipment. Up until the actual shipment, the tracking code usually is "invalid".
    And yes, I got my tracking code already.

Comment

I ordered day one from gamestop (had free shipping) nothing yet.

Comment

There's been no movement on mine today, the only entry is still in The Netherlands. The Parcel Force code isn't showing up in the Parcel Force website, so they haven't received it yet, so it looks like early next week for me now. I've been spoiled by the superfast 7-day delivery of Amazon, my expectations have gone up. It's disappointing when you go back to other carriers who aren't as good. Still, it's a month before I expected it so I can't complain.

Comment

I've got the shipping notification three days ago (GLS from Netherlands), but Valve shows a shipping date of 16.10. so I don't think they will hand over the package before at least next week.

Comment

Although this is all cool and nice, I'll rather be safe and wait for "rev. b"

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
              If it is anything like other console controllers life cycles you might be waiting awhile. Maybe a VR controller will be next but that is really a different controller all together.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
                From anyone else I'd say that was a good policy. But you seem to have forgotten about 'Valve Time'. I'm happy to drop ?40 on this for however long it lasts (which I expect will be a while) and put down the cash for rev.b when it eventually arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                  From anyone else I'd say that was a good policy. But you seem to have forgotten about 'Valve Time'. I'm happy to drop ?40 on this for however long it lasts (which I expect will be a while) and put down the cash for rev.b when it eventually arrives.
                  So what you are saying is I shouldn't wait for halflife 3 to buy the halflife collection?

Comment

My notify says I can edit my delivery address by 20th Oct. So they will probably start the actual shipping after that date.

Comment

Working...
                    X