Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi 16 Alpha 3 Released

Phoronix: Kodi 16 Alpha 3 Released

The third alpha release of the Kodi 16 HTPC open-source software is now available for testing with long-press support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I once had to plug in my USB keyboard to activate context menu in NVIDIA Shield TV. I don't mind that at all, but I really think it's an important step for Kodi to become lsss keyboard-centric, as there are lots of keyboard shortcuts there. I accidently assigned an OK/SELECT button to context menu and I can navigate KODI no more until I clear all the data and restore KODI back to what is was before I re-add video sources.

I do like Plex better when it comes to integration with Plex Media Server, but with Plex for Android TV not supporting Blu-Ray codecs and having to rely on my server to transcode movies (I ether get "your server is not powerful enough" or "your connection to the server is not fast enough" despite the latter that I am using a gigabit router, switch, and Cat5e ethernet cable), I turn to Kodi for movie watching. Kodi's movie library has a bit of a mess when I see "Deleted Scenes" show up in the home shielf and I've had duplicates of movies that are just "behind-the-scene" videos, scenes, interview videos, or whatever I have there. This is with a Kodi+SMB hack to get all my movies and movie-related videos in my library. Plus, with Plex, there's been a problem with video outputting incorrectly despite nothing to do with Kodi at all.

And 3D features I really don't care too much about. I'm totally blind in my left eye but have good vision in my right eye.

Comment

Working...
    X