Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteamOS Rebases To Debian Linux 8.2

Phoronix: SteamOS Rebases To Debian Linux 8.2

Valve has updated SteamOS Brewmaster to use Debian 8.2 and with that also comes a Linux kernel update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

By all means a wellcome change.

Comment

i think that will not help so much gameplayers... that go win10...steam should create drivers for hardware like auzentech soundcards...and may be install its os on usb stick and reuse some windows steam folder...
      the main thing that can make people use linux . is for them to find it easy to use and better than windows...
      i also think steam and others could reward games made for linux with a monthly "million" [that should be enough to pay few devs...no ?]

Comment

Originally posted by AmpegV4
        All they need to do is reduce the cut they take if it has a working linux port, from 30% > 20% per sale, then it pays for itself. The real question is what added financial benefit does Valve get out of increasing linux OS marketshare. There is a bigger problem than just game availability and porting as well and thats performance, gamers will not switch to linux if they take a 30-40% performance hit with the same hardware.

some games actually perform better:

This isn't something done by us, but it impressed me so much I felt the need to give this video some credit. Arma 3's performance using Virtual Programming's eON tech is rather amazing.

and they will fly once we get Vulkan on devs and engines hands

Comment

Working...
        X