Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With GL 4.3 AoA Getting Done, Arceri Is Trying A GL 4.4 Extension

Phoronix: With GL 4.3 AoA Getting Done, Arceri Is Trying A GL 4.4 Extension

Timothy Arceri is the independent developer that started out doing some crowd-funded Mesa OpenGL extension development that was successful so he did a second crowd-funding campaign to do more Mesa feature work. That second extension, ARB_arrays_of_arrays, finally appears nearly complete so he's decided to work on another extension...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This keeps getting better and better. Only two extensions will be left for GL4.3 (unfortunately both are not started yet, but perhaps that was because of dependencies on other extensions?) and one for 4.4. Then 4.5 has two in progress and two not started yet, but by the time we get 4.4 that will probably have changed.

Comment

Could try seeing if Patriot donations could make it a full-time job

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
        Could try seeing if Patriot donations could make it a full-time job
        He already is doing it as a full time job.

Comment

Looks like the next MESA release have a complete OpenGL ES 3.1 support

Comment

Originally posted by tga.d View Post
            He already is doing it as a full time job.

http://www.itsqueeze.com/2015/09/arr...-to-from-here/
            Yes, Michael missed the fact that he's been hired to work on the drivers full time.

Comment

from: http://www.itsqueeze.com/2015/09/arr...-to-from-here/
              So what's next for me? I've been asked since starting this campaign if I would do another one and for now the answer is no as I will no longer need to. As of November I will be working full time on Mesa for Collabora as part of their arrangement with Intel. I'm really excited about this and need that thank all of you for allowing me to get involved in Mesa in the first place.

Comment

Wow, incredible. Excellant stuff and a nice example of someone who made their way successfully in to the paid open-source corporate world from the big bad closed corporate one (not saying he didn't like his other job)
                Hi

Comment

Working...
                X