Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATE-Desktop 1.11 Released, Working Towards MATE 1.12

Phoronix: MATE-Desktop 1.11 Released, Working Towards MATE 1.12

The GNOME2-forked MATE-Desktop has tagged version 1.11.0 as their newest milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

MATE is great
    I was stuck for some time on Ubutu 10.10 because of it's interface and now I got 2 choices to move on

1. Ubuntu MATE which i have installed
    2. Linux Mint MATE edition

Linux is great because the options it gives to the users

Comment

I've really been enjoying using MATE on some of my older desktops. Simple and no nonsense. It (in Gnome2, anyway) was probably half the reason why I went with Ubuntu along with the other 'improvements' Ubuntu made to the linux experience back in 05, when I think back on it.
      Hi

Comment

There is no 1.11 release because its not released yet. Some components got tagged 1.11 and phoronix is 'OMG RELEASED'.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
          There is no 1.11 release because its not released yet. Some components got tagged 1.11 and phoronix is 'OMG RELEASED'.
          He explicitly said "Mate-Desktop 1.11" not "MATE Desktop Environment". mate-desktop is a single package.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

He explicitly said "Mate-Desktop 1.11" not "MATE Desktop Environment". mate-desktop is a single package.
            Several other packages got also tagged 1.11 and they are of no less importance, lets create news topic for each of them! And then once again when actual release happens.

Comment

Working...
            X