Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL3 References In Dota 2 Are Raising Eyebrows

Phoronix: HL3 References In Dota 2 Are Raising Eyebrows

SteamDB has revealed some new references to Half-Life 3 content within today's Dota 2 game update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't expect any HL3 for now.

But I think as soon as the Vulkan spec is released Valve will launch another Dota2 optional beta for the Vulkan version of the game on both Windows and Linux. And a game with such a massive player base should be a good way for everybody to knock their new Vulkan drivers into shape. They will also release their Intel LunarG driver and Glave Vulkan debugger at the same time. Should be an interesting next 2 months...
    Last edited by humbug; 10 October 2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Valve has a history of trolling like this.

^ I'd like them to hold off and release it using a Vulkan backend, that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        ^ I'd like them to hold off and release it using a Vulkan backend, that would be cool.
        Any future Valve games from this point onwards will prioritize Vulkan; that's a given.
        But it's been like 2.5 years since they shipped their last game and they still haven't announced their next game.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
          But it's been like 2.5 years since they shipped their last game and they still haven't announced their next game.
          I guess they have been selling too many hats?

Comment

GabeN - Troll Genius

Comment

Employees at Valve are notorious for being unable to count to 3. I personally am not keeping my hopes up.

What I would really like to see is a remake of all the Half Life games merged into one, with a different and more complete ending.

Comment

This would be interesting as a SteamOS exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Employees at Valve are notorious for being unable to count to 3. I personally am not keeping my hopes up.

What I would really like to see is a remake of all the Half Life games merged into one, with a different and more complete ending.
                  You might want to check out http://cinematicmod.com/
                  (Windows only, I think)

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    This would be interesting as a SteamOS exclusive.
                    But according to them, it won't happen as Valve don't want to release anything exclusively. But they might bundle HL3 with new Steam machines. That would be great too.

Comment

Working...
                    X