No announcement yet.

Nouveau Voltage, Re-Clocking & Other Patches Start Queueing Up For Linux 4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Voltage, Re-Clocking & Other Patches Start Queueing Up For Linux 4.4

Phoronix: Nouveau Voltage, Re-Clocking & Other Patches Start Queueing Up For Linux 4.4

Ben Skeggs at Red Hat has started queuing up the open-source NVIDIA (Nouveau) driver patches that are being aimed for the Linux 4.4 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have a lot of admiration for people like Skeggs who are working on nouveau, but seriously, it's pretty pathetic that other companies are spending money to get nvidia's hardware to work.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I have a lot of admiration for people like Skeggs who are working on nouveau, but seriously, it's pretty pathetic that other companies are spending money to get nvidia's hardware to work.

you're right with the first part

Comment

karolherbst aren't you the one with a nouveau fork with some patches for reclock? If so, why your patches aren't in Skeggs's patch list?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
          karolherbst aren't you the one with a nouveau fork with some patches for reclock? If so, why your patches aren't in Skeggs's patch list?

there is no fork and the patches are already on the list

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

there is no fork and the patches are already on the list
            Branch, confused fork with branch :P
            Glad to know that your patches are included (y)

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Branch, confused fork with branch :P
              Glad to know that your patches are included (y)

well there aren't yet, but hopefulle all this stuff lands at least for 4.5 the gddr5 thingy will most likely land for 4.4 already though

Comment

Working...
              X