Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Files/Nautilus Search Is Finally Being Overhauled

Phoronix: GNOME Files/Nautilus Search Is Finally Being Overhauled

A Google Summer of Code student who worked on GTK+ and Nautilus has managed to overhaul the search feature of GNOME's file manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nautilus takes autism to a whole new level.

Comment

It looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        And what does your smartass comment even mean, apart from being a lame flamebait and a genuine offense towards those actually struggling with autism?

Comment

Dude, wtf?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post

And what does your smartass comment even mean, apart from being a lame flamebait and a genuine offense towards those actually struggling with autism?
            I have that problem. I don't really consider it a disadvantage. Stop being a baby. Tired of all these super sensitive people getting offended at everything. Gtk3 has a reputation of being a random ball of quirks. I don't think its out of line to call it that at all.

Comment

I think you have autism confused with ignorance, and Nautilus confused with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRT View Post

I have that problem. I don't really consider it a disadvantage. Stop being a baby. Tired of all these super sensitive people getting offended at everything. Gtk3 has a reputation of being a random ball of quirks. I don't think its out of line to call it that at all.
                I don't think you have to be particularly sensitive to be offended by what you said. I know people who experience autism to various degrees along the autism spectrum, and while they don't often refer to it as a disadvantage, that isn't a dismissive gesture like you've used it.

GTK 3 isn't an improvement in every conceivable sense, but its downsides have been overexaggerated, often for the sake of a catchy headline. It is only as 'quirky' as it is misunderstood.
                Last edited by scionicspectre; 12 October 2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRT View Post

Nemo works just fine, it's GNOME that's "random ball of quirks."

i.e, whose bright idea was it to make Nautilus do a file search when you begin typing instead of jumping to the file matching what you type?

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                    i.e, whose bright idea was it to make Nautilus do a file search when you begin typing instead of jumping to the file matching what you type?
                    That and many other things is why I prefer to use Thunar as my file manager and XFCE as my Desktop Environment.

Comment

Working...
                    X