Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Stakeholders Look At Potentially Adding PlayOnLinux

Phoronix: Fedora Stakeholders Look At Potentially Adding PlayOnLinux

Fedora developers have been discussing whether the Wine-powered PlayOnLinux open-source software can be packaged for the distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Chapeau22 Linux is a Fedora22 Linux with added software to make Fedora useful. One of the added softwares is PlayonLinux. The second is Steam.
    The third is ... Ah go visit the website... Chapeaulinux.org

Comment

I once in a while buy a crossover license to help them develop on wine. But playonlinux is much better than crossover in usability. Even winex/cedega was much easier.
      And the best about the wine compiled versions for playonlinux is that they work absolutely better than crossover.

Comment

Yeah Playonlinux is great, I don't consider there to be much value to running wine without it, because it makes things clean and removes a lot of the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
          Chapeau22 Linux is a Fedora22 Linux with added software to make Fedora useful. One of the added softwares is PlayonLinux. The second is Steam.
          i have fedora23 with pol and steam. what am i doing wrong?

Comment

Mmm, that's nice. Definitely going to try that for my next install. Ubuntu GNOME just wasn't working out for me, so we'll see how this goes.

Comment

Any actual reason to use that over Korora 22 though?

Comment

Working...
              X