Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Turns 11, 15.10 In Final Testing & UOS-X Is Coming Soon

Phoronix: Ubuntu Turns 11, 15.10 In Final Testing & UOS-X Is Coming Soon

Today marks eleven years since the release of Ubuntu 14.10, the Warty Warthog! Ubuntu's birthday is coming just two days before the release of Ubuntu 15.10, the Wily Werewolf...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Today marks eleven years since the release of Ubuntu 14.10, the Warty Warthog!
    Obvious typo, it's 4.10 and not 14.10 :P

Comment

Originally posted by asavah View Post

Obvious typo, it's 4.10 and not 14.10 :P
      Yep, whoops. Fixed, thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronix
        If you want to lend them a hang
        Typo.

EDIT: Apparently they don't have any Unity 8 amd64 builds yet?

So I guess that right now, I have a wonderful choice between a build that's so old that it is still using Upstart, or a 'preinstalled' tar.gz that I still have no clue as to how to 'Install'. Updating the old build, or at least, attempting to update breaks everything.
        Last edited by profoundWHALE; 20 October 2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Its not one of those extract anywhere and chroot in to set-up tar.gz's?
          Edit: Yep, that's exactly what they are. Just extract them to the root of whatever device you want to install to, install the bootloader, chroot and configure, then reboot.
          Last edited by Nobu; 20 October 2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
            Its not one of those extract anywhere and chroot in to set-up tar.gz's?
            Edit: Yep, that's exactly what they are. Just extract them to the root of whatever device you want to install to, install the bootloader, chroot and configure, then reboot.
            Right here is more than what I could find on their own site, thanks.
            EDIT: Frick, the site's down.

Last edited by profoundWHALE; 20 October 2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I think they just renamed it, unless you were looking at something else. There are "preinstalled" archives in the ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/ directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
                I think they just renamed it, unless you were looking at something else. There are "preinstalled" archives in the ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/ directory.

If you notice, there's no more AMD64 builds, which is strange. Everything was there last night!

If you notice here, there's no download links.
                Last edited by profoundWHALE; 20 October 2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

Typo.

EDIT: Apparently they don't have any Unity 8 amd64 builds yet?

So I guess that right now, I have a wonderful choice between a build that's so old that it is still using Upstart, or a 'preinstalled' tar.gz that I still have no clue as to how to 'Install'. Updating the old build, or at least, attempting to update breaks everything.
                  Willy is using systemd and next is no more it's all about snappy personal I'd say the new image will be put soon

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
                    Willy is using systemd and next is no more it's all about snappy personal I'd say the new image will be put soon
                    Ah, I see.

Comment

Working...
                    X