Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Releases The Wild Dog Pro, Their First Skylake Linux PC

Phoronix: System76 Releases The Wild Dog Pro, Their First Skylake Linux PC

Our friends at System76 today announced the release of their first Skylake system. This first computer using Intel's latest-generation processors is a desktop that's part of the Wild Dog Pro family...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There doesn't seem to be a quad-channel option for the RAM configuration. One of the only drawbacks for me.

Very nice desktop otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
      There doesn't seem to be a quad-channel option for the RAM configuration. One of the only drawbacks for me.

Very nice desktop otherwise!
      These are consumer-level Skylakes that only do dual-channel RAM. You have the option of quad-channel RAM with Haswell-E (and Broadwell-E coming early next year) and the X99 chipset. I think System 76 also sells higher-end systems with that platform, but I'm too lazy to post an exact link right now.

Comment

Ah, thanks for the info. Duly noted. Well, too bad then.

Kudos to system76 for putting this together anyway.

Comment

I was pretty sure that I had seen that chassi before and it looked like a Lian Li chassi so i tried to find it.

Here it is

You could just find the motherboard that System76 uses, then build an exact copy of it yourself and save some money.
          However, it's pretty nice of System76 to actually use high quality chassis that are decent to build in.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
            You could just find the motherboard that System76 uses, then build an exact copy of it yourself and save some money.
            However, it's pretty nice of System76 to actually use high quality chassis that are decent to build in.
            Oh really?

Comment

I wanted to give them some business, but they still don't offer Skylake laptops

Comment

I had that case and ended up selling it. My experiences were mostly inline with Anands review http://www.anandtech.com/show/5199/l...99-price-point

The big killer for me was my video card ran hot due to the way the case is setup for airflow. I think System76 offering the case with an optional 6700k and a 980 is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  I wanted to give them some business, but they still don't offer Skylake laptops
                  Salut,

Actualy, they do now. I received a mail yesterday about it. It is available here:
                  The most powerful Ubuntu laptop on the planet. Serval WS features desktop Intel Core i7 processors and the world?s fastest NVIDIA GPUs wrapped in the slimmest desktop replacement on the market. System76 laptops are custom-built to run Ubuntu flawlessly.
                  Et si je poussais une longue plainte déchirante pudiquement masquée sous la morsure cinglante de mon humour ravageur?

Comment

Originally posted by Debcool View Post

Salut,

Actualy, they do now. I received a mail yesterday about it. It is available here:
                    That close, but not close enough. I need something more like the Gazelle Pro. That's supposedly "coming soon", but my window of opportunity is rather narrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X