Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Out DRM-Next With Radeon/AMDGPU Drivers Ahead Of Linux 4.4

Phoronix: Trying Out DRM-Next With Radeon/AMDGPU Drivers Ahead Of Linux 4.4

With AMD having recently submitted their first batch of Radeon and AMDGPU changes into DRM-Next for then landing into the Linux 4.4 kernel, I decided to run some benchmarks seeing how well this new, experimental open-source AMD Linux kernel graphics driver code is working out.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Men vs Women colors indeed

AMDGPU Men fails couple times

To be Men AMDGPU needs DPM obviously
    Last edited by dungeon; 21 October 2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Strange the tonga in particular was able to run almost no test.
      It seems a regression between the two kernels.

Comment

What are the clocks for R9 Fury? I mean the clocks used in those tests? AFAIK for other AMD cards it's something like 300 core and 150 memory, so if R9 Fury gets 1/3 to 1/2 of the 290 results with such clocks then it is really promising. Waiting for the reclocking support impatiently

Comment

It's fun that you can actually run some games on the Fury without DPM. :-) I thought Cities: Skylines was pretty smooth at lower resolutions.
          Btw the 1080 thing, I think that 4.4-fixes branch simply need to be rebased on top of the latest 4.3-fixes, because 1080 hasn't worked _until_ 4.3-rcX something.

Comment

Strange OA and Xonotic are OK for me on tonga running agd5f drm-next-4.4. Not testing the same res though, I run 1920x1080 settings as high as possible. Also running git llvm/mesa/libdrm.

Comment

Whenever there's a performance regression, Michael usually makes a big fuss about it. Yet when the regressions cause a complete test failure with no result, there's very little discussion about it.

Comment

Nice test, I like that you tested Metro also. Perhaps next time could you test also Warthunder (I think it has some benchmark playbacks, but you can also make them yourself or test in testvehicle mode).

Keep in mind you MAY need OpenGL4.1 flag for warthunder to run without initial splash green screen issue. (check their Linux section forum)

Comment

Working...
                X