Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono-Focused Xamarin Buys Out RoboVM

Phoronix: Mono-Focused Xamarin Buys Out RoboVM

Miguel de Icaza and Nat Friedman's Xamarin company, which continues to focus on Mono solutions especially for C# apps iOS and Android, has acquired RoboVM...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sadly still no Xamarin studio on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
      Sadly still no Xamarin studio on Linux
      As far as I'm aware Monodevelop is technically identical to Xamarin Studio.

Comment

Originally posted by clementl View Post

There's some iOS tools and what-not that only work with the Xamarin flavor of MonoDevelop.

Comment

Originally posted by clementl View Post

Except than you need Xamarin studio for android, iOS & windows phone development

Comment

Let's keep silence in memory of one more platform, RIP RoboVM.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
              Noooooooooo! They will fuck RoboVM over!

It's Java, how could it get worse?

Comment

LOL, just switch this RoboVM to Java and that's that .... C# is the future All hail C# and its benevolent creator, MS.

Comment

Google should just buy Xamarin and throw out Java and replace it in Android with C# and .NET instead.

Comment

Neither Java or .NET are very good solutions but in my experience, the Mono .NET VM is a lot more portable to alternative platforms than the Java JVM. So yeah... whatever, kids might as well be using C# rather than Java for their mobile games

Comment

Working...
                    X