Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Upgrading To Mesa 11.1-devel Worthwhile For Radeon R600g Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Upgrading To Mesa 11.1-devel Worthwhile For Radeon R600g Users?

Phoronix: Is Upgrading To Mesa 11.1-devel Worthwhile For Radeon R600g Users?

With last week's release of Ubuntu 15.10, Mesa 11.0 is part of the open-source graphics stack. Unfortunate for those with an AMD GCN GPU that uses the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver, Mesa 11.0 on Ubuntu 15.10 is built against an older version of LLVM that doesn't allow the OpenGL 4.1 support to be exposed. For RadeonSI users, I'd say switching to Mesa 11.1-devel + LLVM 3.8 SVN is almost a must once installing Ubuntu 15.10, but is it worthwhile for R600g users?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has anyone begun working to implement GL_ARB_tessellation_shader into r600g?

Once that is done then it bumps support to OpenGL 4.1. I hope it happens soon.

Comment

Seems like I don't have to be in a rush to upgrade my Ubuntu 15.04 with Mesa 10.5.9.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
        Has anyone begun working to implement GL_ARB_tessellation_shader into r600g?

Once that is done then it bumps support to OpenGL 4.1. I hope it happens soon.
        Dave Arlie has a branch somewhere with a bunch of r600g tessellation code in it. No idea how close it was to being finished, though.

Edit: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied.../?h=r600g-tess
        Last edited by smitty3268; 26 October 2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Good to know that r600g tessellation is worked on! Hopefully someone will implement fp64 emulation for TeraScale hardware that doesn't support it.

Comment

And OpenCL

Comment

Michael can you confirm mesa-vdpau is working for you wiith mesa 11.1 (Padoka ppa) ?

Comment

Working...
              X