Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 Through Fedora 23 Benchmarks

Phoronix: Fedora 20 Through Fedora 23 Benchmarks

For your viewing pleasure today are some fresh benchmarks comparing the out-of-the-box performance of Fedora 20, Fedora 21, Fedora 22, and Fedora 23 RC3 out-of-the-box on an Intel Xeon system with AMD R600g graphics. Here's a look at the Fedora Linux performance and that of the upstream Linux kernel / Mesa / GCC over the past two years.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too bad we don't have boot times measured in this test. It would be evident how epil fail Fedora 22 release was (due to removal of readahead service).
    Because of this and KDE5 I chose to downgrade two of my laptops to Fedora 21.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
      Too bad we don't have boot times measured in this test. It would be evident how epil fail Fedora 22 release was (due to removal of readahead service).
      Don't have my laptop in front of me, but don't you still have access to systemd-readahead-{replay,collect} ?
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Michael,

What exact GCC flags did you use when compiling Parboil v2.5 OpenMP CUTCP test?

"(CXX) g++ options: -lm -lpthread -lgomp -ffast-math -fopenmp" doesn't look nearly enough - are you sure that's all? No -O2/-O3, -march=native or anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
          Time for you to buy a half decent SSD. My laptop, which is about 5 years old, boots to a usable desktop in 5 seconds flat.

Comment

Working...
          X