Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Benchmarks Of NWI's Insurgency FPS Game On Linux

Phoronix: NVIDIA Benchmarks Of NWI's Insurgency FPS Game On Linux

With yesterday's Insurgency first-person-shooter game update, SteamOS and Linux are now officially supported after it became available in beta earlier this month. Insurgency is an interesting FPS powered by Valve's Source Engine. Here are some benchmarks of this game under Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What happened with the GTX 950 test? (powersave mode)

Comment

That's how it was at boot up on each system, not sure why it was different, had just noticed after testing was done.
      Originally posted by philips View Post
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well Maybe I see bad but at 1080 is better the gtx 680 than the 980ti? Is that right?

Comment

Amazing all these games available for linux now. I love it. So... should I get this one? Never heard of it.

Comment

Maybe game does not on run on AMD because it does not have (and surely it hasn't) Catalyst profile, do you tried any renaming (to hl2_linux) or made same profile for insurgency_linux like for hl2_linux?

edit: ah i see you already did boost for nvidia with export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 But if making Catalyst profiles is relativly not so easy, then renaming is easy for the first try i think.
            Last edited by dungeon; 28 October 2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Michael, would you consider adding an image or two to your gaming benchmarks? That way people can easily tell whether they're looking at a state-of-the-art title or something out of the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by philips View Post
                with the intel_pstate driver, powersave or performance doesn't really make a difference anyway. I have it at powersave all the time, and still
                most cores are at their max turbo frequency when idling as long as temperature doesn't reach the first trip point.

Comment

The R9 290 with OSS struggles to keep it at 60 most of the time. Depending on what I'm looking at (vegetation, smoke and fire from props) I can have anywhere between 130 FPS and 20 FPS, on Medium settings.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnsterp View Post
                    Amazing all these games available for linux now. I love it. So... should I get this one? Never heard of it.
                    You might as well buy it considering it's dirt cheap right now on the humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/

The article should probably mention the humble bundle going on right now since this games included.

It's a Tactical Shooter that tries to be realistic with medium sized maps. People die in 2-3 shots, you run out of stamina from sprinting which makes it harder to aim properly, the amount/type of gear you're wearing affects how fast you run out of stamina, there are no built in crosshairs though you can equip a laser sight which shows a barely perceptible red dot which actually does make aiming a lot easier. Lots of recoil and muzzle climb to deal with while shooting if you're not prone/using a bipod.

There's a ton of weapons with lots of customization options.

What I'm most interested in with it right now is the Socom mod being actively developed by a third party for this game. I absolutely LOVED Socom II when I was a young teenager and the mod is recreating the maps and trying to imitate the gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                    X