Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State Of Fedora Workstation 23, Looking Ahead To Fedora 24

Phoronix: The State Of Fedora Workstation 23, Looking Ahead To Fedora 24

Red Hat's Christian Schaller has written another status update concerning the state of Fedora Workstation 23 while also looking ahead to Fedora Workstation 24...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The assymtotic line to perfection. The excellent Fedora 22 applications have been recompiled for Fedora 23. Fedora23 Wayland support is at the 90+ percentage perfectly complete. The list of Wayland bugs is declining quickly, (one bugfix corrects many reported bugs). Fedora 23 is an improvement on the excellent Fedora 22. Even the F23 installer program has had some improvements. Fedora 24 will improve and add additional functionality. Fedora 23 is for all users, ready to go. Its out next week.

Comment

Fedora 22 has been excellent for me so I can't wait for 23.

Comment

What's up with this Fedora shilling lately?

Comment

Has anyone tested multi-monitor setups with Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by wpoely86 View Post
            Has anyone tested multi-monitor setups with Wayland?
            Works for me except screen rotation. So all your monitors have to be landscape.

Comment

What is the current situation with Wayland and NV's blob? Need the blob (i.e., CUDA computing) and so I'm asking if I can switch to Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by adakite View Post
                What is the current situation with Wayland and NV's blob? Need the blob (i.e., CUDA computing) and so I'm asking if I can switch to Wayland.
                there's no Wayland support yet, but they're certainly working on it. Each new release seems to have more background work, so hopefully soon..

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post

there's no Wayland support yet, but they're certainly working on it. Each new release seems to have more background work, so hopefully soon..
                  thanks for the update!

Comment

Hi Adakite, if you click the link in the blog to my previous blog I cover the items needed for NVidia support more, it is part of what Adam Jackson is working on together with NVidia and should hopefully be ready in time for Fedora 24.

Comment

Working...
                    X