No announcement yet.

Mesa's DRI3 Support For EGL Still Baking, The State Of DRI3 For X.Org Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's DRI3 Support For EGL Still Baking, The State Of DRI3 For X.Org Drivers

Phoronix: Mesa's DRI3 Support For EGL Still Baking, The State Of DRI3 For X.Org Drivers

Martin Peres at Intel has sent out the latest revised patches for supporting Direct Rendering Infrastructure 3 (DRI3) with EGL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I forgot DRI3 even existed, so I went back and checked...

For one, its not enabled in Arch builds of Mesa since its still not enabled upstream, and that means it is disabled for both Intel and AMD.

Seems to work alright with Mesa-git, the build flag, and DRI3 set in xorg.conf though on my radeonsi card.

Comment

As far as I am aware, DRI3 should be in good shape with the X.Org Server 1.17 series and newer.

Still with the exception of dri3 PRIME synchronization on intel I presume?

Comment

Hm, well, DRI3 seems to be enabled on Gentoo. Without a USE flag, even.

Comment

The modesetting driver also uses DRI3 by default.

Comment

I've been using DRI3 with my Radeon HD 7850 since switching over to F23 a few days ago; haven't noticed any issues.

Comment

Is there any info about when is this going to be enabled on mesa by default? Days ago someone claimed on reddit that he got better frame rates with it enabled, so I want to try it too.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                I forgot DRI3 even existed, so I went back and checked...

For one, its not enabled in Arch builds of Mesa since its still not enabled upstream, and that means it is disabled for both Intel and AMD.

Seems to work alright with Mesa-git, the build flag, and DRI3 set in xorg.conf though on my radeonsi card.
                I'm using Archlinux and DRI3 works with radeon and modesetting drivers.

Comment

Huh. I just checked and my xorg.conf didn't have DRI3 enabled for my r600g-based card. I just added the DRI3 option, restarted X, and confirmed that DRI3 is now enabled via the Xorg.0.log. Things seem to be working just fine so far here (Ubuntu 15.10 w/ xorg-edgers).

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                    Is there any info about when is this going to be enabled on mesa by default?
                    Once it stop lockup GPUs

Days ago someone claimed on reddit that he got better frame rates with it enabled, so I want to try it too.
                    You can enable it if you have recent ddx, but if you hit some lockups with it only but not with dri2 then you will know why it isn't yet enabled.

Yeah it is somewhat faster maybe up to 5% in CPU bound scenarios.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 30 October 2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X