Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes To Look Forward To With Next Week's Fedora 23

Phoronix: Changes To Look Forward To With Next Week's Fedora 23

Fedora 23 is being released next week and with this bi-annual update to Red Hat's Fedora Linux distribution are a number of new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- Unicode 8.0 support to now have access to all the latest emojis...
    Noooooooooo Fedora has fallen to the emoji-infestation.
    Will nothing stop emoji to infect and fester upon character sets that are suppose to be character sets, not libraries of vector art galleries mini-pictures.

Comment

Finished upgrading all our systems to the F23 KDE spin. Thanks, Fedora!

Comment

Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
        Finished upgrading all our systems to the F23 KDE spin. Thanks, Fedora!
        Yeah, that's what I'm running right now. It's functional, but could use some polish.

I did have to pull a `dnf --releasever=22 --allowerasing downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg` in order to install the nvidia driver. I'm getting a lot of random crashes from the System Settings apps (works on repeat attempt), System Tray popups showing on the opposite side of the screen sometimes, often repeated system update messages, Konsole refusing to launch at the size specified in the default profile, failure to resume properly from sleep ("couldn't start" some service), and that kind of stuff. Nothing too serious.

Comment

Working...
        X