Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 23 Officially Released

Phoronix: Fedora 23 Officially Released

Matthew Miller has announced the release of Fedora 23...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yay. finally. I was beginning to feel like November the 3rd would never arrive

new main desktop time! again!

Comment

Just a heads up: Installing with BTRFS ontop of LUKS left me with a broken system. Happened more than once. The ISO checked out as far as "Test media" and checksumming it. Installing with lvm+luks+ext4 worked fine. Guessing a bug got missed.
      Last edited by Ericg; 03 November 2015, 11:41 AM.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Still no RPM Fusion support for it, which means it doesn't get a lot of useful apps, and the kernel it ships doesn't have the workaround for Intel+AMD laptops which I suspect is the cause of suspend/sleep hanging mine. It's better wait a while before upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
          Still no RPM Fusion support for it, which means it doesn't get a lot of useful apps, and the kernel it ships doesn't have the workaround for Intel+AMD laptops which I suspect is the cause of suspend/sleep hanging mine. It's better wait a while before upgrading.
          RPMFusion is working fine on my end. It's not advertised on the homepage but the repos exist and are usable. Just have to add them via the command on: http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration/ under "Command line setup using rpm"
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Is DNF still slow as in f22?

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
              Is DNF still slow as in f22?
              Only the downloading part using a very slow mirror server.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

Only the downloading part using a very slow mirror server.
                No, I wasn't talking about downloads. If they sped up it could be worth checking out f23.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                  No, I wasn't talking about downloads. If they sped up it could be worth checking out f23.
                  dnf is fast for the installation on both f22 and f23 (I haven't noticed any slowdown) which is why I mention the downloading part can be slow depending of the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                    Just a heads up: Installing with BTRFS ontop of LUKS left me with a broken system. Happened more than once.
                    That's strange because it has been my typical setup for some releases now and I had have any issue so far.

I also installed a fresh F23 machine today with BTRFS + LUKS and everything went fine.

What kind of issues are you experiencing? Have you filed a bug report?

Comment

Working...
                    X