Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Games Announces Paragon Game

Phoronix: Epic Games Announces Paragon Game

While Epic Games is still hard at work on their Unreal Tournament game powered by Unreal Engine 4, this afternoon they surprisingly announced a new game: Paragon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cue another moba.

Comment

Could be a AAA Title with Linux support and no Console support?

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        Cue another moba.
        More like an Arena FPS, basically everybody is trying to have their TF2, even Blizzard with Overwatch.

Comment

not really surprising
          for you see when the coding team is done with the game, the art team has to finish up the models/animations/textures/sounds/etc
          but the coding team has not much to do so they can go work on another game instead of going on vacation

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
            not really surprising
            for you see when the coding team is done with the game, the art team has to finish up the models/animations/textures/sounds/etc
            but the coding team has not much to do so they can go work on another game instead of going on vacation
            So that means they are done with Unreal Tournament and Fortnite?
            From what I've seen UT is far from being "done", and Fortnite is ain't even public yet.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post

More like an Arena FPS, basically everybody is trying to have their TF2, even Blizzard with Overwatch.
              Sounds like when Square Enix wanted to be Blizzard and made this MMO to try to copy wow - what a great hit that was!

Overwatch will be TF2
              SomethingOftheStorm will be Dota2 for kiddies

The only thing we dont have is SC2 for Linux, I'm all open for suggestions to ditch SC2, after all I'm sure I could save some of the $60 or $180 it would have cost on 3 expansions buying a different franchise.

I hope its a FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

The only thing we dont have is SC2 for Linux, I'm all open for suggestions to ditch SC2, after all I'm sure I could save some of the $60 or $180 it would have cost on 3 expansions buying a different franchise.
                If you're looking for a AAA RTS, Planetary Annihilation has a native Linux client, even 64bit which actually seems to make a noticeable difference. It's more Supreme Commander than SC2 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Geopirate View Post
                  If you're looking for a AAA RTS, Planetary Annihilation has a native Linux client, even 64bit which actually seems to make a noticeable difference. It's more Supreme Commander than SC2 though.
                  Total Annihilation (SupCom) like games are complete opposite to Star Craft. And PA even more different due to unique game mechanics. Even Spring based games (ok, open source and not AAA) have more in common with Star Craft than PA.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                    So that means they are done with Unreal Tournament and Fortnite?
                    From what I've seen UT is far from being "done", and Fortnite is ain't even public yet.
                    there are multiple teams working on a big game
                    design/whatever_its_called team has to make the blueprint, then the coding team can really get to work, and then the graphics team can really get to work
                    (actually there are more teams on a AAA game)
                    so it is better to have multiple projects in production so that every team has something to do

let's not forget that games like this take years to finish

Comment

Working...
                    X