Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE 42.1 Leap Released

Phoronix: openSUSE 42.1 Leap Released

The release of openSUSE 42.1 Leap is now available, which they call the "first hybrid distribution" and is comprised of sources from SUSE Linux Enterprise...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just installed.
    Kde 5 sometimes crashes on minor things. It crashes when I want to change the icons launch option.

Comment

Isn't LTS Ubuntu same hybrid concept?

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
        Just installed.
        Kde 5 sometimes crashes on minor things. It crashes when I want to change the icons launch option.
        Probably driver issues? Else check the bug tracker.

Originally posted by linuxforall View Post
        Isn't LTS Ubuntu same hybrid concept?
        No? If anything, it's CentOS that's the same concept, except CentOS is more conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          No? If anything, it's CentOS that's the same concept, except CentOS is more conservative.
          That is indeed the correct analogy. openSUSE Leap could be said to be a cross between CentOS, EPEL and Fedora.

Comment

Ubuntu LTS takes backported software from their six month releases and combines with older frozen Debian unstable ones.

Comment

Well, it's not backported software, there are no six-month releases, and enterprise sources are not Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post

Probably driver issues? Else check the bug tracker.

Driver issues? I don't think so. There are menu reports in the bug tracker.

Comment

Working...
                X