Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Appears To Be Readying Their Vulkan Drivers

Phoronix: NVIDIA Appears To Be Readying Their Vulkan Drivers

NVIDIA is readying their Vulkan drivers for a same-day release and on the Windows side they've already begun exposing some of the Vulkan interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think AMD will also have day 1 support for Vulkan on Linux, using the latest X server. </cruel_joke>

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I think AMD will also have day 1 support for Vulkan on Linux, using the latest X server. </cruel_joke>
      They will when they make the switch to AMDGPU and use the modesetting ddx you'll always be able to use the latest X server then and will no doubt be encouraged to use the latest kernel too

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

They will when they make the switch to AMDGPU and use the modesetting ddx you'll always be able to use the latest X server then and will no doubt be encouraged to use the latest kernel too
        I forgot for how many years have I been listening to this tune.
        They'll probably get there at some point, but until they do, I have zero interest in this matter.

Comment

Distros have only just started shipping AMDGPU and all the bits required for AMD's new proprietary driver to work - Rome wasn't built in a day you know

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I forgot for how many years have I been listening to this tune.
            They'll probably get there at some point, but until they do, I have zero interest in this matter.
            I have zero interest in this nvidia article too, because what is this article about - isn't it just another rumor for VK? Nothing is ready on nVidia side too, there are also articles in same sense about nvidia wayland support but still nothing, etc...

Maybe AMD should really post their VK lib so that people can more enjoy "almost there articles"
            Last edited by dungeon; 04 November 2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Isn't the president of the Khronos group a Nvidia employee ? Of course Nvidia will have day 1 support, Vulkan will not be released before they are ready.

I'm sure they are busy tweaking Vulkan to run as poorly on AMD hardware as they can get away with. Maybe to the extent that AMD's driver will have to be delayed by a month or more depending on how much damage is done.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Just empty exported functions designed to fool us!

Comment

Originally posted by swoorup View Post
                  Just empty exported functions designed to fool us!
                  Thats for sure, OpenCL runtime exposes new compute capabilities not only for Pascal but for Volta too

While in reallity they don't have OpenCL 2.0 on anything

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Maybe AMD should really post their VK lib so that people can more enjoy "almost there articles"
                    Yeah, even with half baked vulkan lib there is a small chance that it will be less shitty than anything they released before.

Comment

Working...
                    X