Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Launches A Massive Sale Of SteamOS (Linux) Titles

Phoronix: Valve Launches A Massive Sale Of SteamOS (Linux) Titles

With today being the date of the Steam Machines official launch along with the Steam Controller and Steam Link, Valve is running a big promotion of Steam Machines capable games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Steam Machines themselves are still marked to be "coming soon" with no price tags on them.

I wonder if the games currently on sale will have day 1 vulkan support?

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
      Steam Machines themselves are still marked to be "coming soon" with no price tags on them.

I wonder if the games currently on sale will have day 1 vulkan support?
      No, they won't.

Comment

But I already HAVE those games...

Comment

Cool, I got Stanley, thanks!

Comment

Cool,
            Now could be some good timing to buy AAA titles, play them with open source drivers and submit bug reports

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post

Check again, Steam has links to Syber, Zotac and Alienware with prices starting at $450

Comment

They promote SteamOS games but last time I checked the controller was coming with two windows only games...

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
                  Cool,
                  Now could be some good timing to buy AAA titles, play them with open source drivers and submit bug reports
                  Where should we submit these? My son bought ARK Survival (before the sale...), but it runs slow and crashes on both RadeonSI and Intel. (Using Ubuntu 15.10 and Padoka PPA).

Comment

Compare that list and those prices to the PS4's launch list! Steam Machines are definitely having a strong start. Valve just needs to make sure AAA titles keep coming and that will be enough for it to eventually out perform consoles in the market.

Comment

Working...
                    X