Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel's Kconfig xconfig Ported To Qt5

Phoronix: Linux Kernel's Kconfig xconfig Ported To Qt5

It's usually not worth mentioning Kconfig changes for each new Linux kernel release, but this time around there is actually new functionality to point out...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is GTK 3 supported?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Is GTK 3 supported?
      That would be gconfig.

Different other project.

Comment

Do people actually use the GUI versions of these tools... the crappy original xconfig, or the Gtk+ or Qt variants? I might have thought that anyone competent to be building a kernel from source would be perfectly happy with menuconfig... having multiple GUI frontends for it seems extraordinary overkill...

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
          Do people actually use the GUI versions of these tools... the crappy original xconfig, or the Gtk+ or Qt variants? I might have thought that anyone competent to be building a kernel from source would be perfectly happy with menuconfig... having multiple GUI frontends for it seems extraordinary overkill...
          I use xconfig because it have nice search option so I can fast switch some settings without knowing where they are.

Comment

nice counterargument for ppl quoting linus's clueless c++ rant

Comment

I'm surprised that -- at least to my knowledge -- no one has yet written a kernel config tool in bash, csh or zsh.

Comment

Huh, wasn't the Qt frontend called qconfig?

Anyway, nconfig for the win!

Comment

Working...
                X