Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Engine 4.10 Officially Released

Phoronix: Unreal Engine 4.10 Officially Released

Epic Games has officially released Unreal Engine 4.10 today, which includes 53 improvements done by the community on GitHub along with a lot of other exciting in-house improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tried to benchmark Descent Underground? It has Win/Lin/Mac support...

Comment

What about editor, Linux support is officially there, or still only some beta?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
        That's exactly what I'd like to know myself....

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
          I would expect there to be news about it if it got officially released.

Comment

New: Added Tanglu OS to install script. (Contributed by cpyarger, Pull Request #1577.)
            New: All input will be ungrabbed before breaking into debugger on Linux.
            New: Implemented Linux device profile selector.
            New: Implemented memory prefetch functions in platform abstraction layer for Linux.
            New: Linux: ensure() callstacks will now be symbolicated, symbolication has been sped up. (Contributed by bozaro, Pull Request #1583.)
            New: LinuxNativeDialogs third party library is no longer built during the setup on non-Ubuntu distributions (it is no longer used).
            Bugfix: Crash fix related to invalid windows. (Contributed by andreasschultes, Pull Request #1589.)
            Bugfix: Corrected calculation of number of physical cores on Linux.
            Bugfix: Corrected calculation of window coordinates when processing event queue. (Contributed by ExpiredPopsicle, Pull Request #1466.)
            Bugfix: Fixed custom cursors on Linux. (Contributed by overlawled, Pull Request #1582.)
            Bugfix: Fixed index out of range error in Slate File Dialogs. (Contributed by chaiyuntian, Pull Request #1548.)
            Bugfix: Fixed modal dialog on Gnome. (Contributed by yaakuro, Pull Request #1388.)
            Bugfix: Corrected reporting of platform memory stats (process and overall machine) on Linux.
            Command line switch "-usehyperthreading" is now respected on Linux for consistency with other platforms. (Contributed by slonopotamus, Pull Request #1594.)
            Did you notice how most of them are user-contributed?
            I am not saying it's a bad thing. But if there is one thing to note, it's that the new UE4 strategy allows Linux to receive patches a lot faster than otherwise. I however hope that Epic devs won't rely only on the user to update the platform support.
            I wish the same for the demos. Available ones still make my GPU crash so I didn't buy any UE4 game yet :/

Hoping for vulkan support soon, though.
            Last edited by M@yeulC; 11 November 2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I hope they will eventually allow distribution through an xdg-app bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                I wish the same for the demos. Available ones still make my GPU crash so I didn't buy any UE4 game yet :/
                you could buy game, test it and get refund if it does not work. you could only get refund for whole transaction, so buy games one by one. you have less than 14 calendar days and less than 2 hours of playtime to test.
                Last edited by pal666; 12 November 2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  you could buy game, test it and get refund if it does not work. you could only get refund for whole transaction, so buy games one by one. you have less than 14 calendar days and less than 2 hours of playtime to test.
                  http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/
                  Thanks. I ended up downloading Unreal Tournament Pre-alpha. Not very pretty, a lot of freezes, but quite playable; and most importantly, it didn't crash my GPU.
                  How do these lockup even happen in the first place with the old demos? Aren't the drivers supposed not to lockup the GPU, regardless of what's tossed at them?

Comment

sometimes drivers have bugs

Comment

Working...
                    X