Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khronos Releases OpenCL 2.1 & SPIR-V 1.0 Specifications

Phoronix: Khronos Releases OpenCL 2.1 & SPIR-V 1.0 Specifications

The Khronos Group has formally released the OpenCL 2.1 and SPIR-V 1.0 specifications coinciding with this year's SuperComputing conference in Austin...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, and lets release Vulkan next week

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Cool, and lets release Vulkan n̶e̶x̶t̶ this week
      Fixed that for you.

Comment

Interestingly at the moment the Vulkan site at khronos.org is giving HTTP 404: https://www.khronos.org/vulkan

I even followed the link from the home page, to make sure that I didn't type something incorrect.

EDIT: It's now working again, still strange for it to go 404; with the rest of the khronos.org working fine.
        Last edited by Trevelyan; 16 November 2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevelyan View Post
          Interestingly at the moment the Vulkan site at khronos.org is giving HTTP 404: https://www.khronos.org/vulkan

I even followed the link from the home page, to make sure that I didn't type something incorrect.
          It's working now.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

DirectX 12 is still basically non-existant in the real world and there won't be any serious titles before next year, so I feel like if Vulkan releases within the next 1-3 months, then the DirectX 12 headstart won't matter at all. Doesn't mean everyone will use Vulkan, but at least this argument/problem is gone. Also, with Valve releasing the Vulkan update for Dota 2 as soon as Vulkan is ready, there might even be a AAA Vulkan title before DX12, ha

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              DirectX 12 is still basically non-existant in the real world and there won't be any serious titles before next year, so I feel like if Vulkan releases within the next 1-3 months, then the DirectX 12 headstart won't matter at all. Doesn't mean everyone will use Vulkan, but at least this argument/problem is gone. Also, with Valve releasing the Vulkan update for Dota 2 as soon as Vulkan is ready, there might even be a AAA Vulkan title before DX12, ha

Trouble is devs have acces to it, so it's already been worked on + the fact there's demos/alphas of games out with it now. (Excluding Ark of course but that may be different reasons )

That's why I feel that Vulkan has missed the boat so to speak

Comment

And so have selected developers access to Vulkan. Yes DX12 have headstart but if they release Vulkan this year it is not that big. And also it comes down to driver support.
                Hopefully that 404 mean that there are some preparations for release which caused some misconfiguration of server.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                  And so have selected developers access to Vulkan. Yes DX12 have headstart but if they release Vulkan this year it is not that big. And also it comes down to driver support.
                  Hopefully that 404 mean that there are some preparations for release which caused some misconfiguration of server.

They are also readying their resource pages on Github.

Release Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Trouble is devs have acces to it, so it's already been worked on + the fact there's demos/alphas of games out with it now. (Excluding Ark of course but that may be different reasons )

That's why I feel that Vulkan has missed the boat so to speak
                    And there are already drivers that will be day one, and developers have had access to Vulkan, too. Plus there have been working demos, and even entire games on it (DOTA 2).

Comment

Working...
                    X