Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 Delivers New Result/Phoromatic UI, New Modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 Delivers New Result/Phoromatic UI, New Modules

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 Delivers New Result/Phoromatic UI, New Modules

After a half-year of development, I'm ecstatic to announce this morning the release of Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 (codenamed "Hammerfest"). Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 is by far the most significant release ever done of our open-source, cross-platform automated benchmarking software and framework since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 seven years ago.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations on another release!

Comment

I didn't know that PTS is available in Ubuntu repo. It's cool that it's here

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
          I didn't know that PTS is available in Ubuntu repo. It's cool that it's here
          It's been available there for years and in Debian, albeit outdated.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Debian, albeit outdated.
            lel...thats the deal when you use a binary distro, especially debian. you are signing up to run a system that is 10 years old.

Comment

Can't get past step one.

-> ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark smallpt
              PHP Fatal error: sys_v12 cannot implement phodevi_sensor - it is not an interface in /home/phil.meyer/src/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/phodevi/sensors/sys_v12.php on line 24

Comment

Originally posted by hargoth View Post
                Can't get past step one.

-> ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark smallpt
                PHP Fatal error: sys_v12 cannot implement phodevi_sensor - it is not an interface in /home/phil.meyer/src/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/phodevi/sensors/sys_v12.php on line 24
                Hmmm that doesn't make sense, sys_v12.php doesn't even exist anymore. How did you set it up or what?
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Great! This is just in time for some experiments I wanted to make!

I was just planning to do some extensive benchmarking of performance on an ARM Chromebook (Acer Chromebook 13, with NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor) with Gentoo. I wanted to see how performance compares when the **whole system** is compiled with GCC 5.2 vs Clang/LLVM 3.7 (might also do GCC 4.9 if I have time).

Usually, the compiler benchmarks I can find here on Phoronix and on other places only measure one specific application being built with one vs the other. I want to see how the effects stack when all of the libraries/dependencies and the entire system are built with a given compiler. Also, I am curious about ARM performance, and there are no Clang vs GCC benchmarks on ARM that I could find, that are both recent / up to date and meaningful.

Another thing I have been curious about benchmarking (and might do if I find the time) is different C libraries; e.g using musl or uclibc instead of glibc. Such a fundamental component of the system is bound to have influence on the performance of virtually everything, which makes it interesting.

I will give the new PTS a try. Thanks Michael for all your work on automating open-source benchmarking!

Comment

Congrats Michael and ty for this amazing piece of software.

Long live to PTS!

Comment

Working...
                    X