Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRI3 Improvements Land In Mesa Git

Phoronix: DRI3 Improvements Land In Mesa Git

A few improvements for handling Direct Rendering Infrastructure 3 (DRI3) have landed in Mesa's Git code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like it's time to test out DRI3 again with nouveau

it's disabled for nouveau (unless using the glamor accel backend)

Comment

Could someone explain me how DRI3 is mandatory for wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        Could someone explain me how DRI3 is mandatory for wayland?
        DRI 2/3 are features of the X server, so potentially could be useful for Xwayland I don't know..

Comment

Goal was to depreciate some insecure things used in the old rendering pipeline (DRI2). The decision was then taken to not implement DRI2 for XWayland (which required a lot of code btw, because DRI2 DDXs need a lot of code) and implement DRI3 only instead (easy to implement server side).

Comment

So is PRIME with intel + radeon in xwayland completely unusable because of missing sync? In x.org we can at least fall back to DRI2 to get somewhat okay rendering...

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
              Goal was to depreciate some insecure things used in the old rendering pipeline (DRI2). The decision was then taken to not implement DRI2 for XWayland (which required a lot of code btw, because DRI2 DDXs need a lot of code) and implement DRI3 only instead (easy to implement server side).
              Thanks for the explanation
              So, this is for XWayland, then. Nothing to worry too much about.

Comment

Working...
              X