Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How AMDGPU With PowerPlay Compares To Other Radeon GPUs

Phoronix: How AMDGPU With PowerPlay Compares To Other Radeon GPUs

Last weekend I ran benchmarks looking at the performance of the AMDGPU DRM driver with the new PowerPlay patches for providing proper power management support for Tonga and Fiji graphics cards. In today's article is a larger comparison when running this latest Radeon and AMDGPU DRM driver code to see how these newer AMD GPUs compare to existing, well-supported Radeon graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As previously noted, you need the following mesa and kernel patches for optimal performance with fiji:

Alex

Comment

Would you like to provide a FULL patch against 4.2/4.3?

Comment

There was a patch that enabled optimal raster config setting for fiji (v2) in mesa git yesterday at 15:09:47 (GMT) that is not yet in Mesa 11.1-devel from the Padoka PPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Would you like to provide a FULL patch against 4.2/4.3?
          The mesa patch is already in git and the kernel patch should apply to older kernels.

Comment

Michael

3 days old padoka mesa i guess

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              Michael

3 days old padoka mesa i guess
              Did the tests this weekend and article, right after I was done with the PowerPlay original tests... but due to publishing queue, didn't go out until today.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Some remarks :
                - R9 290: Scaling Governor: intel_pstate performance : it's different from others which have powersave. Can you have them all the same (powersave) ?
                - R7 370 has problems in Unigine Valley : bug ?
                - Why R7 370 doesn't appear in the 3 last Gpu Tests ?

Comment

So even older, nevermind then.

Comment

So is it possible that R285 with RadeonSI is faster now than Catalyst_GL (both Linux and Windowz)?

Comment

Working...
                    X