Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 358.13 Linux Graphics Driver Released

Phoronix: NVIDIA 358.13 Linux Graphics Driver Released

The NVIDIA 358.13 Linux graphics driver was released today as the latest bug-fix version since the new-feature 358.09 beta driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After using Windows recently I came to realize how much better the nvidia driver for linux is. The vsync option in the windows nvidia control panel doesn't even work unless the application is fullscreen for example.

Comment

Couldn't get working 358.09 with 1.18 (crashes), 358.09 with 17.4 X starts but no image, rolled back to 17.4 and 355.11.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        Couldn't get working 358.09 with 1.18 (crashes), 358.09 with 17.4 X starts but no image, rolled back to 17.4 and 355.11.
        Thanks for the info. Did you also try this just released version? (358.13)

Comment

There's a new ABI for 1.18 so new drivers are needed and that could explain the crashing - if this new driver worked with it - that would be great

Comment

yeah, that's why I asked magika if it worked on 1.18. Plattner of Nvidia said a few days ago that the next drivers would support the new xorg ABI, so I was hoping they finally did...

Comment

Aw still no Wayland support? How long have we been bloody waiting? A year?
              Last edited by rabcor; 17 November 2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
                yeah, that's why I asked magika if it worked on 1.18. Plattner of Nvidia said a few days ago that the next drivers would support the new xorg ABI, so I was hoping they finally did...

Haven't tried it yet, but this one claims to have support for ABI 20.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                  Aw still no Wayland support? How long have we been bloody waiting? A year?
                  I read this diagram as you don't need specific wayland support - whatever mesa provides will do
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylan...r_protocol.svg

Is that correct or no?
                  Last edited by budric; 17 November 2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

Haven't tried it yet, but this one claims to have support for ABI 20.
                    Thank you, didn't notice it till now. Just opened a bug report on rpmfusion for fedora 23:

Comment

Working...
                    X