Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Is Now Under A Code Freeze For Wine 1.8

Phoronix: Wine Is Now Under A Code Freeze For Wine 1.8

It was announced today via WWN 402 that last week's Wine 1.7.55 is the last development freeze with now going into a code freeze for version 1.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmmm... I wonder what the odds are on them getting around to fixing Photoshop* etc. for their 1.8 release...

*which they crippled four years ago

Comment

I use Photoshop CS6 for years without any problems with playonlinux. (Maybe I need to test that "push left button" from that link...)

Comment

I used Photoshop on PlayOnLinux CS6 - a old version of CC worked better than CS6.

Also, Photoshop streams to Chromebooks so if anyone can locate the APK in the Chrome Developer Console during download they could have 100% functional Photoshop on Linux using Chome Archon which runs Android / ChromeOS Apps on Linux.

Too bad GIMP GTK3 is low-priority out because its the only thing that makes GIMP UI tolerable, too bad they couldn't sign on some devs to work fulltime and kickstart it like Krita has done.

Comment

Well they said they'd have Direct3D 11 support by the end of the year, right (not that I expected them to meet such a target)? Hope this doesn't push that goal back even further.

Comment

Do someone know if Lightroom 6 works with wine?
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              Do someone know if Lightroom 6 works with wine?
              Lightroom 5 does work fine, not sure about 6.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=28669

Comment

Thanks but I know about L5, that's why I asked about L6.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
                  Well they said they'd have Direct3D 11 support by the end of the year, right (not that I expected them to meet such a target)? Hope this doesn't push that goal back even further.
                  The project doesn't have any rich corporate sponsors, so I think criticizing them for poor work is unfair. When Red Hat screws up or Mozilla screws up, it's different - they have tens of millions of dollars to throw at each worthwhile project.

As far as I'm concerned, anything the Wine team gets working is a major win. Missing deadlines is common enough for the corporate giants, let alone volunteer projects.

Comment

Just noticed this.

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
                    The project doesn't have any rich corporate sponsors, so I think criticizing them for poor work is unfair.
                    Except I didn't do that.

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
                    Missing deadlines is common enough for the corporate giants, let alone volunteer projects.
                    Sure, but ideally the WIne project should be more transparent with their users and supporters when schedules and priorities change.

Comment

Working...
                    X