Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XenGT 2015-Q3 Improves 3D Stability, Merges With KVMGT Repository

Phoronix: XenGT 2015-Q3 Improves 3D Stability, Merges With KVMGT Repository

Intel quietly released the XenGT 2015-Q3 release at the end of October as the newest quarterly update to their mediated graphics passthrough solution for virtualization customers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's nice to see Intel contributing some interesting things to the Open Source community.

I wonder when (if) the other two will join in and provide GPU pass-through for their own hardware.

I also wonder when (if) this technology will make it into other VM solutions like VMWare and VirtualBox.

Comment

Nvidia won't (for the same reasons they don't support "FreeSync"; because it would undermine other technologies they've made) because of GRID.

AMD however is full of surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by wodencafe View Post
        I also wonder when (if) this technology will make it into other VM solutions like VMWare and VirtualBox.
        Likely it's won't make it because those are cross-platform programs and XenGT/KVMGT are Linux-only depend on i915 kernel driver on the host.

Comment

Working...
        X