Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedreno Gallium3D Now Supports OpenGL 3.1

Phoronix: Freedreno Gallium3D Now Supports OpenGL 3.1

The Freedreno Gallium3D driver as the community-based, open-source 3D driver for Qualcomm Adreno graphics hardware will have OpenGL 3.1 support with the upcoming Mesa 11.1 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I always like hearing news about freedreno, nice milestone!

Comment

Nice! Any recommendable hardware out there using the Qualcomm chips? E.g RaspberryPi-like, a tablet or Chromebook?

Comment

96boards dragonboard 410c
        Inforce IFC6410

edit:
        here are the ones recommended by the freedreno wiki
        open source driver project for adreno GPUs. Contribute to freedreno/freedreno development by creating an account on GitHub.
        Last edited by nobe; 20 November 2015, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Just wondering.

Why does it say on the 96Boards page that the dragonboard supports "Linux Based on Ubuntu"?
          Is that referring to what's available in binary form and works out of the box? Porting another GNU/Linux distro (perhaps even an LFS) over should be trivial, provided you include the correct set of drivers, right?

Comment

yes, you are correct. this is because you can download 'prebuilt' images based on Ubuntu, which are slightly modified. the main changes are: different kernel, more recent graphics stack (libdrm, mesa, X server). It is definitely trivial to get other distros as well. for example: https://dmarlin.fedorapeople.org/fed...F23-remix-lxde

Comment

can I use this for a android rom? what are the 1 billion adreno devices out there Smartphones right? here it would be nice to have this option.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                can I use this for a android rom? what are the 1 billion adreno devices out there Smartphones right? here it would be nice to have this option.
                I used it last year on my nexus 4 and it worked. It's good for experimenting but has some issues (BGRA instead RGBA). It was a Fedora image and no Android.
                Hopefully the driver is now good enough for day-to-day use. I also want an Android image with freedreno for my N4

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                  yes.. well maybe, some work may be required..

Probably easier on a device that already has upstream kernel support.. which is starting to be the case for n7 and z2/z3.. although lots of stuff like audio/camera/etc missing so perhaps not quite ready to be your daily-driver.

I think now all the libdrm bits needed are merged upstream. Still some mesa patches and drm_gralloc (which IMHO should just be merged into mesa) not upstream yet. But getting there, just a matter of finding time to work on it vs all the other things on the TODO list ;-)

Comment

Any chance of seeing freedreno added to the mesamatrix site?

Comment

Working...
                    X