Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 358.16 Linux Driver Brings Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 358.16 Linux Driver Brings Fixes

Just days after the NVIDIA 358.13 Linux driver release, the 358.16 Linux stable driver is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yay!! DPMS working again on the display port for me after that broke post 352.xx . Thanks!!!

Comment

yay ABI 20.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmartin View Post
        Yay!! DPMS working again on the display port for me after that broke post 352.xx . Thanks!!!
        I saw this issue in the cuda zone forums too. They reported the it was fixed with this driver.

Comment

Running Arch Linux and updated to 358.16 from testing repos. With this driver gsync switches on/off really fast now. With last driver there was a small flicker of black screen when switching to gsync, also happened when ingame and ex. steam notification popped up, now its super quick and feels seamless.

Comment

In wine at simple seeks seems normally

However IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 can help if install .run driver* from nvidia driver homepage, especially usefull if you have gcc toolchain upper** than come in mint 17

* sudo IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-358.16.run in text mode (nouveau previously uninstalled and put in blacklist.conf in modprobe.d)

** Needed in lastest versions of dolphin emulator

Last edited by pinguinpc; 21 November 2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X