Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 15.12 Now In Beta

Phoronix: KDE Applications 15.12 Now In Beta

Just one day after the KDE Plasma 5.5 Beta is now the beta release of KDE Applications 15.12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how far Kdenlive has come with their 15.12 release. At this point it's hard to tell which will come first: Kdenlive finishes its refactoring work, Shotcut reaches feature parity with Kdenlive, or Openshot 2.0 releases.

Also seems there's a lot of buzz around pitivi but I'm unfamiliar with the project and not sure how the 1.0 release will compare to Kdenlive feature-wise.

Comment

It would be nice to see a list of what apps now use Qt5 so users can put a priority to testing those applications and their big changes. Perhaps, that will come in the final release announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post
        It would be nice to see a list of what apps now use Qt5 so users can put a priority to testing those applications and their big changes. Perhaps, that will come in the final release announcement?
        In the meantime, you can check this page KF5 Porting Status

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
          I wonder how far Kdenlive has come with their 15.12 release. At this point it's hard to tell which will come first: Kdenlive finishes its refactoring work, Shotcut reaches feature parity with Kdenlive, or Openshot 2.0 releases.
          15.08.3 is already decent. There are only two bigger bugs in it that I have come across so far.

Comment

Oh, and here's hope Okular5 and krdc5 will be part of 15.12. Amarok5 would be amazing, but I doubt it will make it in time. These, and also Firefox-KDE integration, are the only things that are preventing me from removing kdebase4-runtime.

Also, there's no kgpg5, so I wonder how kwallet5 setup will work. Only use blowfish, or run Kleopatra?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              These, and also Firefox-KDE integration, are the only things that are preventing me from removing kdebase4-runtime.
              Personally, I am hoping for Kopete to get some polish and a port to KF5 (telepathy's still not quite there for me).

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Also, there's no kgpg5, so I wonder how kwallet5 setup will work. Only use blowfish, or run Kleopatra?
              Oh, I didn't even realise that (as I am only trying out K*5 in a VM until now and didn't switch my working setup, yet). So another app to watch out for :-)

Comment

Originally posted by OlafLostViking View Post
                Personally, I am hoping for Kopete to get some polish and a port to KF5 (telepathy's still not quite there for me).
                Hmm, yes, I tried KTP several times, but every time it's clear that Pidgin is better for my needs. Somehow last time KTP couldn't even log into Google Talk...

Comment

KTp is a little obtuse, but it works. I have it set up for Google Talk at work, and used to have it working with FB Messenger until they shut down their XMPP API.

What I'd like to see is my session not hang when I log into KDE for the first time.

I've had to switch to Unity. I'm not sure what triggers this problem, but the fix is to delete or move the .kde, .cache and .config folders in the home folder, which results in a working desktop but loss of all my KDE settings.
                  Last edited by wodencafe; 21 November 2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X