LILO 24.2 Bootloader Released Ahead Of Planned Shutdown At Year's End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LILO 24.2 Bootloader Released Ahead Of Planned Shutdown At Year's End

Phoronix: LILO 24.2 Bootloader Released Ahead Of Planned Shutdown At Year's End

LILO 24.2 was released today as the first version of this bootloader alternative to GRUB in thirteen months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

who still use LILO these days?

Comment

Originally posted by danangdk View Post
      Slackware users swear by LILO as it's an oldschool bootloader, but legacy GRUB is still pretty decent and much easier to configure than GRUB2.

Comment

Michael is so quick that they couldn't even push it in time before he reported on it...or he has time traveling powers.

Comment

Originally posted by danangdk View Post
          o/

Been using it exclusively until the debian Jessie release, and some of my installs still have it.
          I don't really need any of the features Grub offers, and the only reason for moving to it is that with Jessie I started to have some weird initrd issues with lilo (when compiling a custom kernel with initrd, still don't know what caused it).

Comment

Working...
          X