Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The Radeon "Crimson" Control Center Looks Like On Linux

Phoronix: What The Radeon "Crimson" Control Center Looks Like On Linux

With the just-released AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition for Linux, aside from the reported performance improvements another area I was curious about was the talked about new control center for the driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm ... you do 2 useless posts within 20 minutes on the same thing but fail to mention that AMD officially moved pre-GCN cards to legacy status.

Oh wait, that will be a THIRD post in another 20 minutes ?

Comment

Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
      at AMD officially moved pre-GCN cards to legacy status.
      Not all it seems (or there is error in download center). For example there is VLIW5-based R5 210-235X and when I trying to download driver it propose to download Crimson.

Nevertheless, for the most of the rest TeraScale-based GPUs 15.9 will be probably be latest proprietary driver. Fortunately, we have open source one

Comment

Uaugh. Die already CCC.

Comment

I will still call Radeon Control Center as "Catalyst Control Center."

Comment

These kind of "articles" makes me feel Phoronix not being serious at all. AMD never said that the contol center would have changed in linux, it was a guessing of people based on the fact they used Qt on windows... So then 4 articles to tell that actually new drivers support kernel 4.2 and drop old card support. This is garbage, man.

Comment

Wait, wasn't Linux's Catalyst Control Centre already based on qt ?

Comment

Originally posted by BenderUK View Post
                Wait, wasn't Linux's Catalyst Control Centre already based on qt ?
                Yeah it is Qt based app... but it does not sew any visual change, compared with Windows Crimson UI it really looks simple and old one

Windows one is really cool, can't complain there

Those Center UIs are never the same on Linux and Windows, so that is nothing new

Last edited by dungeon; 24 November 2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackshard View Post
                  These kind of "articles" makes me feel Phoronix not being serious at all. AMD never said that the contol center would have changed in linux, it was a guessing of people based on the fact they used Qt on windows... So then 4 articles to tell that actually new drivers support kernel 4.2 and drop old card support. This is garbage, man.
                  You could just as easily say that AMD never said the new Qt UI was Windows-only. After all, when a vendor has a cross-platform product, it is *assumed* that all supported platforms have feature parity, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I still don't get why the interface isn't the same on Linux. :/

Comment

Working...
                    X