Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 3.6 Nears, RC Released

Phoronix: Qt Creator 3.6 Nears, RC Released

The Qt Company has today announced the release of Qt Creator 3.6 Release Candidate 1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tried git a while ago and its still completely unusable. The issue appeared with 3.5.0 release, where edits and even right clicking in any small to moderate sized project will cause it freeze for a half minute each time. Simply including boost or Eigen in empty project causes noticable lags. It happens with fresh setups on various machines so absence of non-ancient bug report makes me think that I'm the only one using QtCreator. Best C++ IDE with no-nonsense build system instantly turned to be unsuable one.
    I tracked issue to a C++ parser plugin (libcplusplus.so, disabling it turns it into notepad), but I ain't gonna do a bug report for such blatant fuckup, screw this shit; I tried various IDE's and Codelite is more or less a viable replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
      I tried git a while ago and its still completely unusable. The issue appeared with 3.5.0 release, where edits and even right clicking in any small to moderate sized project will cause it freeze for a half minute each time. Simply including boost or Eigen in empty project causes noticable lags. It happens with fresh setups on various machines so absence of non-ancient bug report makes me think that I'm the only one using QtCreator. Best C++ IDE with no-nonsense build system instantly turned to be unsuable one.
      I tracked issue to a C++ parser plugin (libcplusplus.so, disabling it turns it into notepad), but I ain't gonna do a bug report for such blatant fuckup, screw this shit; I tried various IDE's and Codelite is more or less a viable replacement.

I don't have any issues here with 3.5.0, and I use it for all my Qt and non-Qt C++ projects and it's working like a charm. Funny you mention boost and Eigen3 because I include both of these in my projects and never faced any lags or slowdowns. In my opinion, Qt Creator is hands down the best IDE under Linux!

EDIT: I just downloaded and ran 3.6.0-rc1 and it rocks! No issues thus far!
      Last edited by Zoll; 27 November 2015, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post

I don't have any issues here with 3.5.0, and I use it for all my Qt and non-Qt C++ projects and it's working like a charm. Funny you mention boost and Eigen3 because I include both of these in my projects and never faced any lags or slowdowns. In my opinion, Qt Creator is hands down the best IDE under Linux!

EDIT: I just downloaded and ran 3.6.0-rc1 and it rocks! No issues thus far!
        You've been lucky to miss bugged versions; I've just tried 3.6.0rc1 and issue is indeed absent.

Comment

Working...
        X