Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 21 Reaches End Of Life

Phoronix: Fedora 21 Reaches End Of Life

Today marks the end-of-life for Fedora 21, the project's first release under the Fedora.Next initiative...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last good Fedora before KDE5 fiasco.

Comment

It's kinda wierd, I used to install the next version of Fedora the instant it was released (and sometimes even the beta version!) but as of right now, my personal computer is still running Fedora 21 with KDE 4. Not that I have anything against upgrading (I like KDE5 from what I've seen of it), but for once I feel that everything works the way it should, so why bother upgrading?

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
        Last good Fedora before KDE5 fiasco.
        Wasn't it Fedora 14 before Gnome 3 fiasco?

Comment

Fedora always did have a draw considering DNF output is by far the most helpful in determining progress, and the commercial world recognized RPM packages which is nice.

I don't know if I could live with the infinite upgrade purgatory where nothing really works right and the fixes are just barely out of reach in the near future. Where app X requires library Y to get the new version which requires upgrading Distro to version C which breaks app Z and Fixes app X.

Comment

Originally posted by BenjiWiebe View Post
            ...so why bother upgrading?
            Future security updates, along with core software updates that might be of interest depending on use-cases (Mesa, PHP stuff for web servers, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
              Future security updates, along with core software updates that might be of interest depending on use-cases (Mesa, PHP stuff for web servers, etc).
              Yes, I agree. Actually I worded that wrong -- what I mean is that that's the reason I haven't upgraded *yet*. After reading this Phoronix article, I went and downloaded the netinstall image, and reinstalled. So now I'm up-to-date.

Comment

Working...
              X