Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genode OS Continues Making Progress As A Desktop OS

Phoronix: Genode OS Continues Making Progress As A Desktop OS

Genode OS 15.11 has been released and it continues making progress as being a day-to-day desktop OS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Read it as Genocide OS...

Comment

Is there an up-to-date image somewhere? (to try out in qemu)

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
        Is there an up-to-date image somewhere? (to try out in qemu)
        Forget about that. You'll get the 2015.11 image about in 2020. It takes 5 years to build and publish a recent™ image.
        The ISO image is handcrafted on demand for every user requesting it.
        Genode could be a nice project, but the leaders there are putting all their efforts in killing it.
        They claim they provide some support for VirtualBox, but you have to stick with 5 years old image.

I suggest you to try MenuetOS.

Comment

Yup, the last download available (http://genode.org/download/live-cds) is still the good old 2010 one... and has 0 interrest

Are they trying to get founds with fake announces? No one has evidence that those guys are actually at work (but you are free to believe their release notes )

Comment

I am one of the core developers of the project. You can find my stance regarding a live system here: https://github.com/genodelabs/genode...ment-161260312

Comment

Norman Feske

I just read your post and agree with your conclusion. If the desktop sector is far from your business, maybe it would be better to just remove all those parts from the website.

IMO it can be a good way to attract people and brings a lot of visibility. But it requires a lot of work and needs to be updated regularly. And work means money and time taken from core projects...

TBH your website made me instantly think of a dead project : 5 years old downloads, archive menu stopped in 2013 etc.
              I cannot even imagine how many potential clients have been scared and turned back because of this...

That said, happy to know you are up and alive. I will give your new live cd a try, like the last one

Comment

Originally posted by Norman Feske View Post
                I am one of the core developers of the project. You can find my stance regarding a live system here: https://github.com/genodelabs/genode...ment-161260312
                On that link, the guy below you (notorand-it) I agree with. Even having a video on youtube that shows a few quick examples for what you can do with it, and some auto-building ISO tools for those particular examples. It can even be as simple as a script.

Comment

@Michael:
                  s/Linux kernek/Linux kernel/;

Comment

Working...
                  X