Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Benchmarks Of The AMD A10-8700P "Carrizo" On Linux

Phoronix: A Few Benchmarks Of The AMD A10-8700P "Carrizo" On Linux

For those excited to see some AMD A10-8700P "Carrizo" notebook benchmarks on Linux, here are a few numbers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intel based laptops are the smarter choice anyway. Now Skylake slowly arrives at the stores. But i would like to get Kaby Lake, where is my time machine

Comment

Thanks for going through all this, I've been planning to replace my HP Atom netbook with something a bit newer. I've bought a lot of Toshibas in the past but after your experience, I think I'll be shopping a different brand. I'm sad you didn't get to play with this system but I do look forward to seeing the results on your next system.

Good luck with the next one and thanks for your hard work and patience.

Comment

Michael,

A couple of things....

1. You spec'd a bargain basement Carrizo build, so it would not be totally unexpected to have issues with a percentage of the systems that are shipped.

2. It's pretty much a standard policy that for the first thirty days returns go back to the retailer. It's normal for a manufacturer to push back to the retailer during this period. Typically you also get less flack going through the retailer anyway.

BTW, I ignore Intel fans with their nose firmly planted where the sun don't shine, they certainly haven't taken the time to understand the new features that Carrizo brings to the table. Within a year and a half, we will most likely see certain (important) projects start to use HSA and the performance implications are huge.

Comment

Tell me your important projects with HSA. Internet/office use is mainly a speed/core depending usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Intel based laptops are the smarter choice anyway. Now Skylake slowly arrives at the stores. But i would like to get Kaby Lake, where is my time machine
            Kind of an irrelevant point. Michael didn't buy this laptop for personal reasons, he bought it because it's a new architecture he can benchmark and currently doesn't have.

Besides, intel is generally more expensive and I personally haven't seen the results of Excavator cores. Just because something performs better it doesn't mean it is a "smarter choice".

Comment

Tell me your important projects with HSA. Internet/office use is mainly a speed/core depending usage.
              It will be projects like... ffmpeg, libreoffice calc and other math intensive apps.

You've got to be kidding about Internet/office, any damn old processor out there will handle those things fine. Apparently you've never looked at cpu utilization while running these meager tasks.

Comment

Today? Not much. Tomorrow? Probably gimp, inkscape, anything that renders anything via software -- firefox maybe? Who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

Today? Not much. Tomorrow? Probably gimp, inkscape, anything that renders anything via software -- firefox maybe? Who knows...
                  I believe a GPU can also be used for preprocessing during lexical analysis in a compiler.

Comment

72 C? Good for warming you up in winter.

Comment

Working...
                    X